Is it a good idea to rent a boat in Ibiza?
You don’t need to have a sailor’s soul to explore Ibiza from the sea on a sailing boat or yacht. Nowadays, you’ll find a broad range of boats to rent with or without a skipper during the summer months and you can rent them for a day or more. The boats leave from the marinas of Ibiza, Sant Antoni de Portmany and Santa Eulària des Riu. In fact this last harbour is the closest to Hotel Ánfora, only 5 kilometres away. The Marina of Santa Eulalia is home to the boats and berths of the best known boat companies in this area, and it’s only a short drive away from our 4-star hotel with swimming pool in Es Canar to get to your boat trip around Ibiza.
5 reasons to go sailing around Ibiza
- On a sailing boat or yacht you will discover the island’s stunning unspoilt coves that can only be accessed from the sea, as well as wild cliffs.
- Ibiza’s mild weather makes for pleasant sailing days filled with great moments from morning to evening.
- You can sail to Formentera or the south of Ibiza, where you will find the iconic islet of Es Vedrà or the fabulous Ses Salines beach.
- You will enjoy the most breathtaking and practically deserted beaches in Ibiza, like Cala Bassa, Platges de Comte and Cala Salada.
- On a boat trip you get the chance to swim in crystal-clear waters, go around islands and islets, go snorkelling or diving, sunbathe on a solitary spot, enjoy a picnic on deck, play with inflatables...
The best sailing routes in Ibiza
Boat trip from Sant Antoni to Cala Xarraca
This rugged stretch of the Ibizan coastline stands out for its astonishing beauty and peacefulness. This trip reveals Cala Salada and Cala Saladeta, the inaccessible Cala d’en Sardina, the spectacular cliffs of Cala d’Albarca, the unspoilt cove with houseboats of Es Portitxol -truly surprising-, Cala Benirrás and Cala Xarraca, a large extremely beautiful bay.
Boat trip from Portinatx to Santa Eulària des Riu
This stretch is easy to enjoy if you’re staying at Hotel Ánfora as it leaves from the marina of Santa Eulària des Riu and goes by stunning enclaves, such as the Moscarter lighthouse, the natural port of Ses Caletes, the islet of Ses Formigues, the small cove of Clot des Llamp, the popular beaches of Cala de Sant Vicent, Aigües Blanques and Platja des Figueral; Tagomago island, Cala Mastella, Cala de Boix...
Boat trip from Santa Eulària des Riu to Ibiza
This route explores the most rugged coastline of the Santa Eulària des Riu area, which hides unspoilt coves, like Sol d’en Serra, Cala Olivera and S’Estanyol without forgetting many other nooks and crannies where you can drop anchor and enjoy the sea.
Boat trip from Ibiza to Sant Antoni de Portmany
The southern part of the island boasts some of the most popular coves in Ibiza including Ses Salines, Cala Jondal, Cala d´Hort and Platges de Comte, as well as other spots that can only be accessed by sea, like the old coastal quarry of Sa Pedrera (also called Atlantis), Cala Llentrisca and Cala Llentia, or the islets of Ponent, Es Vedrà and Conillera.
An event for true sailors
If you live on the coast or by a sailable lake and you're thinking about buying a boat for the first time or upgrading your yacht, sailing boat or speedboat, don’t miss Feria Náutica de Santa Eulària, a nautical show in Santa Eulària des Riu from 25th to 27th September. Book your room in Hotel Ánfora as it only takes a few minutes’ drive to the show.
Would you like to rent a boat in Ibiza? Ask us!
Main picture: © Peter Müller / Pixabay