What to do in Ibiza in May? The programme
- First Sunday in May: the most important day in the local fiestas of Santa Eulària des Riu is precisely the first Sunday in May, with its traditional cart parade, folk dances and the tasting of typical cakes offered in the collection of historic buildings of Puig de Missa. There will be other shows too, like the car show, the flower contest and the classic motor show.
- Medieval Fair in Ibiza: on the weekend of 9th-12th May, the old town in Ibiza, declared World Heritage site, hosts this popular and lively event that fills up the streets of Dalt Vila with street performances, handicraft stands and food stands, minstrels, falconers and parades (pasacalles). A must-see in Ibiza this spring!
- Barruguet Family Theatre Festival: the fourth weekend in May is reserved for this interesting family theatre festival in Santa Eulària des Riu that is suitable for all ages. The programme includes about 20 free and paid shows, some of them performed in the town squares. If you’re travelling with children in May, you’ll probably like to read our previous post on the Barruguet Family Theatre Festival and what to know if you’re travelling to Ibiza with children.
What to do in Ibiza in May? The activities
- Visit the famous hippy flea markets in Ibiza: you mustn’t miss the street market in Las Dalias and the one in Punta Arabí, that are only a few minutes’ walk from our hotel. Also, Las Dalias has planned several events for May, including the Babasónicos rock concert (12th May).
- Join the guided walks: during the summer season, the town council of Santa Eulària des Riu organises different walks to enjoy the nature. This month you can join the Towers and Fountains Walk (11th May) or the Es Canar Walk (25th May). If you’d like to explore the north, the town council of Sant Miguel has organised a walk for 19th May that starts from the beach of Port de Sant Miquel. Please ask at our front desk if you’d like more information on these outings.
- Try Ibiza’s local food: until 31st May, the Ibiza Sabor food event provides an excellent opportunity to taste the island’s dishes with special menus served at over 35 restaurants at a fixed price (€25 per person, drinks not included). This year, local fish and olive oil are the Ibizan stars of the event.