South of Santa Eulària, a 15 minute drive from Es Canar and Hotel Ánfora, Cala Llonga is a surprising cove lined by tall cliffs for 700 metres. This unique backdrop is not only part of its charm, it also protects the beach from wind and currents, turning it into a true natural pool. If you’d like to know if Cala Llonga is the place to go to, read on and find out if it ticks off all the boxes for your next swim.
Is Cala Llonga a good beach?
Cala Llonga is a developed beach with all the services. Its singular landscape will surprise you from all angles, offering spectacular views from its crystal-clear waters. 190 metres long and 100 metres wide, you won’t have to worry about finding a spot to stretch your towel and there’s plenty of sun beds to hire too. And if you’re picky about the sand and seabed, Cala Llonga offers fine natural light-coloured sand.
If you're on a family holiday, Cala Llonga is a must! You’ll love it for the following reasons:
- Its seabed has a very gentle slope, so the kids won’t be out of their depth until several metres in.
- The shore is perfect for young kids to play, paddle and have fun safely.
- They’re bound to have great fun spotting fish in the crystal-clear waters.
- And then in the afternoon, they can ride the attractions next to the beach.
- You can all go for a ride on a pedalo too.
Cala Llonga, a wheelchair-friendly beach
This beautiful cove is one of the beaches adapted to give access to persons with reduced mobility in Ibiza and it has all the facilities to enjoy a day at the seaside:
- It has a shaded area reserved for swimmers with reduced mobility.
- A wooden walkway that links the car park to the shaded area, accessible toilets and the water.
- Beach wheelchair and crutches.
A cove in Ibiza for a quiet beach day
You’ll also like Cala Llonga if you’re looking for quiet family-friendly beaches without beach clubs within a 10Km range from Hotel Ánfora. Also, this beautiful cove surrounded by wooded hills features:
- A classic beach bar on the beach.
- Seafront restaurants and bars.
- A hippy street market every Thursday evening in the summer.
- Pedalos and small motorboats for hire.
- Lots of room to find a quiet spot to relax by the water.
- Two tracks for walks or bike rides: the Num. 3 walk (10Km medium-level circular route) and Num. 8 bike ride (12Km medium to low-level circular route).
Hotel Ánfora, a 4-star base to explore Ibiza’s beaches
Our modern hotel with two pools, a gym and a massage room is perfectly located if you want to explore the best beaches in the north and east of Ibiza, as many of them are not even 10Km away. You can also swim on the north-eastern coast of the island, less than 30 minutes away, and admire the beautiful country landscape on your way to the beaches. And if you’d also like to discover the famous beaches in the neighbouring island of Formentera, you can get a return boat trip from Es Canar. You’ll have enough time to enjoy a few hours on their splendid beaches.
Main picture: Mark Wordy via Flickr