One of the reasons many guests come back in September is because the beaches, restaurants and roads are far less crowded once August is over. In fact, the further into September, the more the crowds dwindle. The gradual return to peace and quiet continues in October, which is also a great month to relax on the island before slipping back into you winter routine.
Reasons to visit Ibiza in September
You’ll have plenty of reasons to come to Ibiza on holiday in September, especially if you don’t have kids at school and you can stay for at least 5 days. In fact, the longer your holiday, the more rested you’ll feel, as experts say holidays should last 8 to 10 days to get all the health benefits. Here we’ll answer your most frequent questions about a trip to Ibiza late summer.
Is Ibiza warm in September?
The weather in Ibiza in September is milder than in other places in the Mediterranean Sea and, especially, far nicer than in the middle and north of Europe. Don’t expect the usual cloudy, cold days, because the lowest average temperature in September is 19ºC and the highest 27ºC, and we don’t get more than four days of rain on average. Basically, the weather in Ibiza is always nice in September.
Also, the seawater in Ibiza remains warm, at an average temperature of 25ºC, so you can enjoy long swims on the beach and practice your favourite water sports. And lastly, days are still long enough to make the most of the daylight, as the sunset isn’t until 8 p.m. early in the month and 7.40 pm on 30th September.
What should I pack for Ibiza in September?
Given what we’ve just said, you’ll know that you must pack swimwear, sunglasses, a sun hat or cap, flip-flops and a pair of warmer shoes and a cardigan for dinner outdoors. Don’t worry about packing an umbrella in case it rains, we’ll lend you one on the off-chance it does.
Ibiza in September: what to see and do
In September, you can do all the usual summer plans as well as the exercise we usually have to leave aside or do early or late in the day because of the heat during the hottest months: walking and cycling. However the main advantage is that you’ll run into fewer visitors on the island, so it’s a good time to stretch your towel on the most popular beaches and book a table at one of those restaurants where it’s practically impossible to get a table in August.
A few plans for September
- Explore the vineyards of Sant Mateu and Santa Agnès before the harvest and visit a winery (ask at our front desk if you’re interested and we’ll book you a visit).
- Visit Ibiza’s street and hippy markets, which are all active in September.
- Explore the coast of Ibiza on a private boat. If you’d like to discover Ibiza by boat, ask at our front desk and we’ll help you book the most interesting option for you and your partner, family or friends.
- Go kayaking along the eastern coast of Ibiza from Es Figueral or learn paddle surf on this beach too.
- Join a guided walk run by Walking Ibiza, who have been guides for a decade and know all the most stunning walks and spots.
- Go for a day trip to Formentera, leaving from Es Canar, Santa Eulària or Ibiza harbour.
- Go swimming in Ses Salines, Cala Bassa and Cala Compte, although they will probably still be relatively crowded.
- Learn about Ibiza’s history and artistic heritage through these cultural visits during your holiday: The Contemporary Art Museum of Ibiza, the Ethnographic Museum of Ibiza, the historic site of Puig de Missa, the Sala Barrau art gallery and the necropolis of Puig de Molins, which is the most important and best preserved ancient cemetery in the western Mediterranean.
September dates to block on your calendar
- Eivissa Jazz Festival: free and paid concerts in Dalt Vila and other spaces in the island’s capital. This year it takes place from 29th August until 3rd September.
- The Eva Beresin exhibition in La Nave Salinas Foundation: until 28th October.
- Art & Craft Market in Ibiza: until 9th October.
- Art & Craft Market in Santa Gertrudis: every Friday until the end of month.
- Brisa Flamenca Festival in Sant Antoni: 9th and 10th September.
- Territori Internacional Performance Art Festival, in Ibiza: 17-25th September
Hotel Ánfora in September
During this month, enjoy a relaxed stay at our 4-star hotel in Es Canar, by our pools or on the beaches near our hotel, like Es Canar, Cala Nova and Cala Martina. Book today your holidays in Ibiza in September at the best rate and see how well the end of summer suits the island. Our staff will give you advice on what to do in Ibiza and will be happy to help you with anything you need if you stay at our hotel with all its modern comforts.