Ibiza 2020: Fiestas, events, sports competitions and festivals
There are loads of dates to be marked on the Ibiza 2020 calendar. Whatever your interests, you are bound to find a traditional fiesta, a sports competition, a festival or a food event in Ibiza that suits you. If you haven’t yet decided when to book your next holidays, take a look at our suggestions, find flights and book your room at Hotel Ánfora, our modern 4-star hotel in Ibiza. And if you've already got your tickets and booked your hotel, then take note of what you can do during your next holidays on the most cosmopolitan island in the Mediterranean.
Ibiza 2020: from January to April
Even though Hotel Ánfora won’t be opening its doors to the public until 25th April, we still want to tell you about the events planned for the first four months of the year in case you decide to come over to Ibiza for a relaxing getaway.
- January: during the first month of the year, Ibiza starts to dress in white with the flowering of the almond trees (if you’re here, don’t forget to visit the Pla de Corona valley in Santa Agnès) and is donning its festive colours for the local fiestas of Sant Antoni de Portmany (17th January) and Santa Agnès de Corona (21st January).
- February: this month, outdoor activities are the main feature of most events, including a night walk under a full moon through the almond-tree orchards of Santa Agnès (7th February) or the Nordic Walking routes organised by the town councils of Sant Antoni and Sant Josep. Also, on 12th February, Santa Eulària des Riu celebrates its local fiestas in honour of its virgin.
- March: spring is coming and there is no shortage of proposals, like the Jazz Point Ibiza festival, the 26th Passeig a Passeig race or the local fiestas of Sant Josep de Sa Talaia.
- April: apart from Easter, that will be from 5th to 12th April this year, this month also brings other plans to be noted down on the calendar, including the Ibiza Marathon (4th April) and the Ibiza Swing Fun Fest 2020 (24-26th April). And of course, Hotel Ánfora opens its doors on 25th April. So check our offers and book your stay at our 4-star hotel in Ibiza with swimming pools and jacuzzi.
Ibiza 2020: from May to August
For the following next four-month period, Hotel Ánfora will be open and our front desk will help you with the Ibiza 2020 calendar for the summer months. Meanwhile, here are the biggest events:
- May: this month is full of traditional celebrations with the Fiestas on the First Sunday in May in Santa Eulària des Riu; the Barruguet Family Theatre Festival, held in the same village, the IMS Festival (20-22nd May) and the opening of the most famous clubs on the island. Also, both in April and May you can relish Ibiza’s food with the Spring Food Event called Ibiza Sabor.
- June: the fiestas of San Juan (23rd June) will fill some of Ibiza’s beaches with bonfires and parties, as well as the village of Sant Joan that celebrates its local fiestas. This month is also devoted to Ibiza Gay Pride (10-13th June), the music festival Sueños de Libertad (19-20th June), the Blue Challenge 2020 (6th June) and the Posidonia Race (14th June).
- July: the local fiestas of Es Canar (10th July) celebrate San Cristófol Day with folk dances, activities for all ages and the tasting of local products. And all this is only a walk away from Hotel Ánfora.
- August: the eight month of the year is the one with most local fiestas in Ibiza. If you’ve booked one of our modern rooms or suites in Ibiza near the beach for these dates, come and join the Fiestas de la Tierra (first fortnight of August) in the city of Ibiza, the fiesta of Sant Llorenç de Balàfia (10th August), the local fiestas of Sant Bartomeu (24th August) in Sant Antoni and the fiestas of Sant Agustí (28th August).
Ibiza 2020: from September to December
If you've chosen the end of the summer and autumn for your holidays on the White Island, here are the most important events in the Ibiza 2020 calendar. And remember that Hotel Ánfora will close its doors towards the end of October
- September: this month, the calendar brings the Carthaginian and Roman Fiesta celebrated in Sant Antoni de Portmany, the Eivissa Jazz Festival (1st-5th September) and the local fiestas of Sant Miquel (29th September), among other proposals.
- October: for the tenth month of the year, Ibiza closes its clubs until summer 2021 and the island goes back to its sportier self with important competitions, including the cyclotourist tour Vuelta Cicloturista a Ibiza (12-13th October), the Ibiza LD & Half Triathlon (25th October) and the Ibiza Trail Marathon (18th October). And Sant Rafel celebrates its local fiestas on 24th October.
- November: this month, many restaurants on the island take part in the food events called Restaurat and Ibiza Sabor. The island will also be hosting Trail Ibiza (27-29th November) and the local fiestas of Sant Carles (4th November) and Santa Gertrudis (16th November).
- December: the Christmas holidays will be celebrated with special menus in many restaurants on the island and new guided walks organised by the town councils of each village or town.
Main picture by Pixabay